Advanced: Python, SQL, dbt, Data Warehouse (Snowflake, BigQuery), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Web Scraping (Beautiful Soup, Selenium).
Experience With: Data Modeling, Git, CI/CD (CircleCI), Java, C++, Machine Learning Packages (scikit-learn, pandas), Deploying Models (Flask, Heroku), Data Visualization/BI Tools (Looker, Metabase, DataStudio), Linux(Cron, Bash Scripts).
Data Engineer California Office of Digital Innovation · September 2020 - Present
- First in-house data engineer, focused on covid19 analytics, specifically mobility, economic impact,
and website traffic from a range of public and private heterogeneous data sources.
- Created and managed pipelines in GCP to pull into the BigQuery. Developed Looker dashboards
that enabled a daily report to the Governor’s Office on the impact of Stay At Home policies.
- Established engineering principles, data analysis processes, and provided organizational support.
Data Engineering Fellow · SharpestMinds · June 2020 - Present
- Built a data warehouse and dashboard to measure the impact of short-term rentals on local-housing markets globally, using Python, SQL, Snowflake, dbt, and Metabase.
- ELT, warehouse design, modeling, and data testing from 3 separate sources and 36 million records.
- Collaborated with a Data Science Manager from Brandless and Uber.
- Available at github.com.
Data Engineer · Freelance · Aug. 2019- Dec. 2019
- Created Python pipelines for an executive recruiting firm, gathering publicly available data on companies and individuals by scraping(Selenium, Requests, Beautiful Soup), calling Google Cloud Platform search and knowledge graph APIs, and loading into PostgreSQL.
- Matched businesses’ various DBA names against their official IRS filing status name for 100K+ non-profits, creating efficiencies that would have taken weeks to complete by hand.
Stay At Home Parent · Volunteer & Professional Skills Building · 2007-2019
- Parent Support Group Leader, 50+ meetings.
- Certificate in landscape architecture, eligible for licensure. 1100 design hours.
Data Analyst · Carat Interactive · 2004-2006
- Worked with the CFO of an advertising agency to establish new data analytics capabilities by identifying KPIs, performing ad hoc SQL reports, creating new processes, and training stakeholders.
- Led implementation of dashboards that enabled insight into previously untracked productivity KPIs.
Software Engineer/Operations · Freestyle Interactive/Carat Interactive · 2002-2006
- Partner in a 35 person interactive ad agency doing software engineering and operations.
- Consulting projects included developing a web-based client-server bulletin board system and a Star Trek skinned checkers game with an AI opponent (both in Java).
- Analytics work involved fraud detection for internet-based sweepstakes games.
Fanfiction Recommender System · Independent Practice · 2019 - Present
- A full-stack, stand-alone recommender system for a fanfiction archive.
Scrapes and updates a PostgreSQL DB with metadata for 100k+ fics. An implicit based item-to-item algorithm is deployed as a web-based microservice.
- Flask, git, CircleCI, Python.
- Demo vailable at fanrecs.com.
California State University, Chico · 1997
- MS Computer Science
- 24/30 units.
California State University, Chico · 1995
- BS Computer Science
- Minor Statistics.