- Coding: Python, Cloud Platform (GCP, AWS), Git, CI/CD(CircleCI, GitHub Actions), Linux(Cron, Bash Scripts), DataOps.
- Data: SQL, dbt, data modeling, data warehouse (Snowflake, BigQuery), BI Tools (Looker/LookML, Metabase, DataStudio), ML Packages (scikit-learn, pandas).
Data Engineer California Office of Digital Innovation · September 2020 - Present
- Developed pipelines, dashboards, and analysis using GCP, Syntasa, and Looker for mobility, geography, small business, web analytics, survey, and unstructured data.
- Established DataOps best practices for dashboards including separate dev/prod Looker instances, GitHub integration, and CI/CD. Created analytics development process and trained analysts.
- Documentation and quality efforts including the creation of an in-house wiki on data engineering process and data artifact catalog. Pushed for data quality tests resulting in early interventions when a survey feed went down avoiding loss of data that would have impacted weeks of work.
- Evaluated and modeled census and geography-based demographic datasets in Bigquery and LookML, providing valuable context to existing datasets and foundational analysis of Californians.
- Analytics engineering efforts to gather vaccine hesitancy data, through data modeling, creation of external data feeds, and defining key metrics. Analyses informed outreach campaigns and locations of mobile/pop-up vaccine clinics resulting in more Californians getting vaccinated.
Data Engineering Fellow · SharpestMinds · June 2020 - Present
- Built a data warehouse and dashboard to measure the impact of short-term rentals on local-housing markets globally, using Python, SQL, Snowflake, dbt, and Metabase.
- ELT, warehouse design, modeling, and data testing from 3 separate sources and 36 million records.
- Collaborated with a Data Science Manager from Brandless and Uber.
- Available at github.com.
Data Engineer · Freelance · Aug. 2019- Dec. 2019
- Created Python pipelines for an executive recruiting firm, gathering publicly available data on companies and individuals by scraping(Selenium, Requests, Beautiful Soup), calling Google Cloud Platform search and knowledge graph APIs, and loading into PostgreSQL.
- Matched businesses’ various DBA names against their official IRS filing status name for 100K+ non-profits, creating efficiencies that would have taken weeks to complete by hand.
Stay At Home Parent · Volunteer & Professional Skills Building · 2007-2019
- Parent Support Group Leader, 50+ meetings.
- Certificate in landscape architecture, eligible for licensure. 1100 design hours.
Data Analyst · Carat Interactive · 2004-2006
- Worked with the CFO of an advertising agency to establish new data analytics capabilities by identifying KPIs, performing ad hoc SQL reports, creating new processes, and training stakeholders.
- Led implementation of dashboards that enabled insight into previously untracked productivity KPIs.
Software Engineer/Operations · Freestyle Interactive/Carat Interactive · 2002-2006
- Partner in a 35 person interactive ad agency doing software engineering and operations.
- Consulting projects included developing a web-based client-server bulletin board system and a Star Trek skinned checkers game with an AI opponent (both in Java).
- Analytics work involved fraud detection for internet-based sweepstakes games.
California State University, Chico · 1997
- MS Computer Science
- 24/30 units.
California State University, Chico · 1995
- BS Computer Science
- Minor Statistics.